Your Planning Guide to Renting a Jumper for a Park!
Georgina the Giraffe loves bouncing around under the warm summer sun. Who doesn't?!
Below are the five key things you should consider before renting a jumper at a park location. And as always, remember that park rules/restrictions are always subject to change--it's your responsibility to check with the official park staff before your event!
- 1. Rules and regulations / Insurance:
- Let the governing City or County Parks & Recreation Department know that you want to rent an inflatable for your event.
- Each city/county has different guidelines and restrictions. Some allow jumpers only at specific sites and/or charge additional permit fees
- Most require Certificates of Insurance (COIs), and Jumpin' Giraffe's COI is already on file with most of our favorite parks.
- 2. Power:
- Some parks provide an electrical outlet, some do not.
- You can rent a generator otherwise (note that the jumper alone requires about 80-95% of the power output, additional generators will be needed for ANY other gadgets to avoid a blown fuse).
- 3. Timing:
- Free Delivery option requires 2-3 hr windows for set up and pick up
- Most people compromise by adjusting the rental time. E.g., if you are expecting guests from 1-5pm, set the set up window to 11:30am to 1:30pm, and pick up from 4:30pm-6:30pm.
- For liability reasons: A designated adult must be present at set up and at pick up. We also cannot adjust pick up time on the day of.
- Precise Timing Option available if your schedule is really tight that day.
- 4. Jumper sizing:
- Most parks have very strict sizing requirements, but the majority are also realistic in understanding that it's like enforcing a speed limit of 65mph.
Standard and deluxe jumpers are typically ok, like driving 70mph - only once in hundreds of times where an uber-diligent ranger pulled out his measuring tape - but proceed at your own risk.
Obstacles course and slides are tons of fun but will be pushing it (i.e. too big)
- Other secret, park friendly ideas to keep the kids occupied for hours (and out of your hair)
- 5. Unpredictable weather:
- Wind - we will monitor the forecast for you, and bring extra sandbags to stabilize the jumpers, if needed
- Rain - it doesn't hurt the jumper itself. The occasional summer sprinkle around the Bay can also be dealt with with a quick wipe down (your own responsibility, of course)
- Other helpful planning questions:
- Resident discounts?
- Special restrictions/requirements?
- Opening/closing hours?
- Grilling allowed?
- Dogs allowed?
- Vehicle/parking fees for your guests?